Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Registered!

We've registered! Neil and I went out this past weekend to Target on Saturday and then Babies R Us on Sunday and registered for all the stuff that we need for Baby Troyer. Wow, there's a lot! I got a list of things from Jennifer Jordan that she recommended I register for and I think we pretty much got everything.
I love the stuff at Target but there are two frustrating things about them:
a)you MUST have a gift receipt to return ANYTHING you got as a gift
b)they don't always have everything in stock when you want to register for it, but they've got the display.
We liked several things on the display as far as the Pack N Plays and Carseats but they didn't have them in stock so you can't register for them. Then we ended up finding something different that we were okay with at Babies R Us.

I also learned a couple of things about my husband by going to register for baby stuff with him:
1)He doesn't like anything he's never heard of(which is a lot when it comes to baby stuff)
-Example: he didn't want to register for Baby Einstein videos because he didn't know what they were and they just had babies on the front, it wasn't what he grew up with
2)Finding a diaper bag that both of us can carry that is for a boy but isn't black is SOOO hard!
3)He likes to be independent, he doesn't like to do things like everyone else does them, he likes to be different
4)He does better if I prepare him for what is going to happen before we get there. I had to prepare him that this was going to be somewhat boring for him but also exciting because this is for our baby, not someone else's!
5)Many times he enjoys himself more than what he lets on. I think he actually had fun thinking about his son and what he would need. Just go look at our registry from Babies R Us and you'll see several bibs on there. Those were all things that Neil thought we needed because they said things like: "If you think I'm cute, wait til you see my daddy!" and "Daddy's Lil Sport". He also found some Colts baby items that he liked and that made him excited. They had a few bottles we put on there and a set of toddler dinnerware.

Anyway, it was a fun experience that we'll never forget, registering for our first baby.

4 comments:

B. Claire said...

If this helps at all- Noah didn't even notice the Baby Einstein videos until he turned 12 mos. However, he know FAITHFULLY wants to watch them almost 4 times a day. I don't let him but he signs for them anytime he's awake and bored of the toys out. He LOVES LOVES LOVES them. I've tried other videos but he likes the B.E. ones with Sign Language the best. It's always good to at least register for them so then you don't have to run to the store with a 12 mos. baby to buy them. I've tried second hand stores and garage sales for dvds but sometimes they're scratched.

B. Claire said...

Okay, I kept reading your entry and seriously, our husbands are the same. Jason always does better when I explain things ahead of time. Whether it be how much something will or might cost or how long I will be shopping, etc. He, too, did NOT want to be a trend follower. Nope. Wouldn't have it. Compromise works. If you really love something, though, the one that pushes the baby out, wins! :)

Jenibug7 said...

I am so excited for yall! I can't wait to look and see all the cute things you picked out! :)
Love,
Jen

Kristina said...

Sadie's 4 months now and she already loves B.E. She started looking at the television alot so I put a video on for her and she watched the whole thing! She cries when it's over. She only gets to watch them a few times a week, but it's a lifesaver when I really need to get ready to go and she doesn't want to be put down!