Monday, July 9, 2007

Appointment on Friday

For those of you who don't know, Neil and I have our first Ultrasound this coming Friday morning at 10am. We get to find out if we're having a boy or a girl! I can't wait and am SOOO excited! I think we may go ahead and buy our crib as well this weekend cause I think we know what we want.

Here's info from some articles that I suscribe to about what's going on during this 19th week:

You're 19 Weeks Pregnant
Think you're big now? You'll start growing even more rapidly in the weeks to come. This added weight may make it hard for you to keep up your regular pace without taking a catnap during the day. You may also be wondering about that darkened line running from the top of your belly button to the top of your pubic bone. It's called the linea nigra, or "dark line," and is caused by a temporary increase in melanin, the substance that colors your hair, skin and eyes. This is an important time for your baby's sensory development, too. Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision and touch. Some research suggests that she can even hear you talk, so read out loud, talk to her or sing a happy tune.

3 comments:

Jared Nelson said...

We'll be excited to hear what it is!!!

Jenibug7 said...

WOW- I can't believe you are already finding out what you are having- seems like you just found out you were expecting! Time flies since I am not the one pregnant! :) Looking forward to all your updates!
Jordans x 4
www.myjordanfamily.blogspot.com

G & G said...

G & G B are very excited. Children are a blessing from the Lord!!