Well, this past Saturday morning, Neil and I were IL visiting his family. We were laying in bed that morning and I could feel the baby kicking. So, I decided to try to put my hand on my belly to see if I could feel it on the outside as well. I felt him kick 3 times so I told Neil that I thought he'd be able to feel the baby move that day. Well, I decided to wait and have him try a couple of hours later, like after lunch because that's when he's most active and moving around. So we sat down on the couch later and I had Neil put his hand on my belly. I could feel some small movements but nothing like a kick. Neil kept asking me "Is that it?" whenever he'd feel a little movement. I wasn't sure if he could really feel the movements so I thought maybe he was feeling my stomach digesting or something. So I told him no whenever he said that. Well, after about 20 minutes, I never really felt a kick so I just said, "well, maybe later". Neil got kind of frustrated cause he really wanted to feel it but didn't. But he explained to me what he thought he was feeling and I realized that he really was feeling the baby move, just not kick. So, that was the first time he felt anything. But, I thought I'd wait a few days before having him try to feel a kick again.
Well, last night while laying in bed the little guy was doing gymnastics! So, I said "Quick, put your hand on here!" and then sure enough, he felt probably one of the biggest kicks I'd ever had! Neil was almost freaked out but more just shocked that a)he could feel it so distinctly and b)that this little tiny baby could pack such a powerful punch! It was really neat and he was really excited that he got to finally feel a real kick!
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This is truly where the title that God is 'Indescribeable' comes from. We are at a loss for words to describe his magnificient creation. It is truly amazing that He allows us to get to see Him at work.
Love,
Gram
I love reading your stories about the milestones and exciting "first time" moments. It's seriously like reading a journal I would have written about almost 2 years ago with Noah. Noah is just as active now as he was in the womb....so you will have a little athlete! :) Go Dr. Pepper!
You've been "tagged". See my blog...
Love,
Jen
Post a Comment