
Last night was a really fun night. 6 of us girls from college all got together here in Indy for dinner and then dessert at my house. Lindsay(my college roommate) just moved to Dallas several months ago and surprised us by being in town for the week and wanted to get together. So, it turned out that 6 of us girls (out of like 12 or 13) could get together kind of spur of the moment! They all came in yesterday afternoon and went shopping for a while while I was at work. Then, when I got off work I met them all at a really good restaraunt called Rick's Cafe Boatyard. http://www.rickscafeboatyard.com/ There is outdoor seating right on the Eagle Creek Resovoir and you can see sailboats and pontoon boats coming in and out of the Marina the whole time. The water is just gorgeous and the atmosphere is fun. After eating there, we all went back to my house for dessert and hanging out. All the sudden Lindsay said she had to get something from her car and came back in with gifts. They were doing a surprise baby shower for me! Since we're not ever sure when we'll get to see each other again we have to take advantage of the time that we have together. They got me some really cute outfits and things for our little man. I'll take some pics and post those soon. My favorite was this onesie from Old Navy that looked like a brown, striped polo shirt but of course snapped at the crotch. I said it was perfect because it's something Neil would wear and then we all got a funny mental picture of Neil wearing a big onesie! It was pretty funny. I am so thankful to God for all of my friends who have been there for me in all situations. They have truly helped me grow closer to the Lord in all aspects and I miss them dearly.



1 comment:
Okay, I know you're only 1 week ahead of me, but you are definitely pregnant. Not in a negative way, obviously, but because you are so thin, it's just all baby. :) Go you. :) I read your blurb about the baby kicking and now I'm anxiously awaiting some little "pidder padder" in my belly. I think I felt something the other day but who knows. :) I seriously don't think I can wait 2 more weeks for an ultrasound!
Post a Comment