Friday, April 18, 2008

Indy shaking the bed?

So, this morning the weirdest thing happened, we had an earthquake! It was 5:39am this morning and we were all fast asleep in bed. All the sudden Neil and I were both awakened to the bed shaking. My first thought was that it was Indy shaking or scratching and it was moving our bed because she sleeps down on the floor at the foot of our bed. I called her and she got up and it was still shaking. We both jumped out of bed to try to figure out what it was. Then I thought maybe it was the wind cause we had windows open last night. But then I realized it was too strong for that. We went and checked on Micah who was still asleep and did not wake up at all! So, we decided to go back to bed. Neil said, "It might have been an earthquake tremor". I said "No, we don't have those here." He said "There was one in IL when I was a kid, so it could have been." I highly doubted it but we went back to bed and tried to sleep. Then when I got up this morning I turned on the news and sure enough, it was a 5.2 magnitude earthquake with the Epicenter in West Salem, IL. I think it was felt for miles, mostly in IL and IN. I don't ever remember feeling an earthquake before so it was kinda freaky. I think it's funny that Micah is 4 months old and he's already seen dolphins in the ocean and experienced an earthquake. Some people never experience those things in their lifetime. :)

1 comment:

Kristina said...

People were talking about the Earth Quake when I got to school Friday morning, but Marc and I didn't feel it!