
Micah eating swordfish at Mitchell's Fish Market. Not for real though, I was eating it!

My parent's timeshare in Destin, where we stayed. Our villa is the 2nd story from the top over to the far right where there's two little windows.

Micah's first time with his feet in the sand, he liked it!

Layin out on the beach on his towel.

On a walk in the morning one day.
Mom and I and Micah on the beach for his first time seeing the ocean.

Goin for a walk with his cool sunglasses.
I feel like I'm always doing this, falling behind on blogging and then putting it all into one long blog! But, I guess that's what having a baby and spending two weeks in Florida will do to you!
Micah and I left on Easter Sunday to spend a week with my parents in Destin, FL. They were already going down for Spring Break and asked if we'd like to go. All three of us(Neil, Micah, and I) were already planning on going down to Panama City for the high school trip with church the following week. So it worked out perfect because Destin is like 20 minutes from Panama City. It was really hard to leave Neil for a week, most of all because I felt his pain in being away from Micah for the first time ever for 5 days! We hate goodbyes and always dread the days leading up to them. But, then begins the countdown to when we see each other again and that's always fun. It was hard this time though because the high school Panama City trip is part of Neil's job because he leads worship for the students there all week and hangs out with the kids. Micah and I were sponsors on the trip also(believe me, Micah had some heart to hearts with the girls!) so we didn't get much time to spend together last week even after being gone for the week before. But, it was a great trip with 5 baptisms and 1 more to come sometime soon. Jake Barker(our student minister) did an awesome job of coming up with the theme of the week and the schedule for the week that would foster an atmosphere for the students to have a blast as well as grow closer to the Lord. My prayer is that those students who made decisions will continue to grow deeper in the knowledge and understanding of Him and that it wouldn't be an emotional decision that they made but a lasting one.
Anyway, Micah did great on the trips and is very flexible. This is the perfect age to travel because he's sleeping through the night, has been for about 6 or 7 weeks and doesn't yet have an opinion about what he does! So, traveling down was pretty easy, although he did get tired of being in the carseat because we traveled during the day. On the way back though, it was much easier because he slept the entire 13 hours back, and we only had to wake him up to eat one time. It was great spending a week with my parents because they don't get to see him too often and definitely don't get to spend more than 2 days with him at a time at the most.
I'll post pics from last week with the students when I get a chance next.


1 comment:
Cute pictures... It look like you guys had a lot of fun! Micah is growing!
Post a Comment