Monday, November 12, 2007

Getting things done

So I've been going crazy lately because I feel like there's still so much to be done before the baby arrives to prepare but little by little I've been getting things checked off.

Two weeks ago Neil went and purchased a few things that we've been needing to get organized and then this weekend he worked on getting those things put in. He got some additional shelves for the laundry room to put things on that used to be in my kitchen because I was running out of cupboard space but needed room for bottles and baby-wear. So, he put those in this weekend and his mom Cindy and I worked on rearranging some of my cabinets so that we could fit all the bottles and toddler cups and plates, etc in there. We moved all the food stuff to the laundry room shelves(which is right off the kitchen). Then we washed all the bottles and plates and put them away. So they are ready to be used.

Neil and his step-dad Rodger installed a new storm door for our front door so that will be nice in the spring/summer and it will help keep the heat in in the winter.

Cindy and I took off for the mall and Babies R Us while Neil and Rodger were doing that. I had to do a few returns as well and pick up a few of the items we had not received yet. We dropped off a few items at Goodwill that I wanted to get rid of, then went to Babies R Us. Cindy and I were so bad, we weren't shopping for clothes, but they had such cute stuff so we ended up looking at the clothes quite a bit while we were there and she picked up several things. I got my diaper bag, baby monitors, bundle me, and pack n play sheet. Those are all things I really needed to have sooner rather than later so I was glad to be able to purchase those. Then we went to Castleton Mall to go to Motherhood Maternity and they didn't have one there anymore! So we looked around a little bit at some other stores like Penny's and Sears for what I needed but they didn't have it. So, I got the Clinique Bonus and then we were off to the Fashion Mall to go to their Motherhood store. I need a nightgown for the hospital and some other things as well. I had a frustrating experience with one of the sales ladies because she kept trying to push all these things off on me trying to get me to buy the most expensive stuff. But, I ended up getting what I needed and spending what I wanted in the end so it all worked out. We were about shopped out after all that so we headed back home to eat dinner. Neil went out to guy's night at Rick's (the usual Thursday night get-together) even though it was Friday and Cindy, Rodger and I went out to eat at Ted's Montana Grill. http://www.tedsmontanagrill.com/about.html

Saturday we got up and did some things around the house and then went out to lunch and to Sam's to purchase a new mattress and box springs for our guest room. We are getting a bedroom suit from Neil's fam that used to be his for our guest room in a couple of weeks but there was no mattress and box springs for the bed. So Cindy and Rodger offered to buy one for us because after all, they are the ones that sleep on it when they come! So we picked those up, got an ice cream cone from Chick-Fil-A and then headed back home. Cindy and I washed up some baby clothes, blankets, and burp clothes so they're ready for the hospital. I got the diaper bag packed and started packing my suitcase.
All in all, I would say it was a very productive weekend and I am thankful for all the help I had to get it done!

1 comment:

B. Claire said...

Whew! You have got to be tired! I'm glad you were able to get all of those last minute things done- it takes some anxiety/stress off of you and Neil. Now you can focus on the baby. Are you getting excited?!!!!