So, I have two Dr. visit updates to give since last week. I was going to the Dr. every two weeks up until today and now I go every week. But last week I had some major swelling in my feet that wasn't going away even in the morning after sleeping all night and after putting my feet up all evening. So I called the Dr. to see if I needed to be doing anything differently or whatever. They had me come in just to check all the normal stuff, weight, blood pressure, urine, etc. My bp was up a little bit so the nurse told me that I needed to stay off my feet at night and when I got home from work to put them up and not even cook dinner or anything. So, I've just been trying to be careful with all of that and it seems to be working because since then I haven't had near as much swelling and things.
Today I had my 36 week check up and I thought they might start checking me today but she didn't. She said she doesn't start checking until about 38 weeks with a first baby unless I've started to feel contractions at all or cramping. Since I haven't she's gonna wait and check me next Wed. at that appointment. I was kinda disappointed because I kinda wanted to know, however I also know it's not the most comfortable thing ever so I was glad I didn't have to go through that today. My weight and measurements are good she said. My bp was down a tad from last week so that was good too.
She told me what to look for as far as contractions and when to call them if I think I'm going into labor. That's exciting! I can't believe it's right around the corner!
Well, that's about it on the updates for now!
Monday, November 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'll second your comment about the the "check ups" not being the most pleasant experience in the world. :)
Post a Comment