Well, a week from today we will be on our houseboat cruising around Dale Hollow Lake until Saturday. It will be such a fun trip and I am totally looking forward to it. We did this last year too and it was a blast. Last year there were 3 families including ours and we rented one houseboat. This year there will be 8 families including ours and we have 2 houseboats! We will have a ski boat and a pontoon boat in addition to the houseboats so that will be fun too.
We are not bringing Micah and I am dreading being without him for 7 days! It will be so hard because that will be the longest we've been away from him and we won't have too much cell phone access out on the lake either. When Neil and I went to Florida for our Anniversary in Feb. we were able to use Skype and talk to him and see him whenever we wanted. This time we won't be able to do that but he is better about talking on the phone now. But as much as I will miss Micah, I know that it's the right decision to not bring him because it would not be a vacation for me at all to have him there. I would be worried sick about him falling in the water and we would have to deal with tempers and wills because he's getting to the point where he is really opinionated about what he wants to do. And he doesn't quite understand why he can't do things yet and I cannot reason with him that something is dangerous. If I wasn't pregnant, I would be more apt to try to it with him but I would just be more exhausted next week on the boat than I would be staying at home with him! So he is going to Mama's(Neil's mom's) house for most of the week until the following weekend and then he'll be with my parents on Friday and Saturday. I know the grandparents are looking forward to having some grandson time with him as they don't see him as much as they'd like to.
Another reason why I am looking forward to this trip is because my best friend Kelly will be on the trip with me this year and she is pregnant too so we'll have the same restrictions as far as no skiing, no riding on the speedboat too much or too fast, etc. This will be our one last hurrah before our next baby is born hopefully about a month after getting back.
Well, if you think about it, pray for us as we leave Micah because Neil and I are both really sad about saying bye to him for that long. Also, pray I don't go into labor on the lake in the middle of nowhere! :)
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
HeeHee. I will pay you 10 bucks to deliver your baby (no drugs) in the middle of a lake in the middle of nowhere. You are so funny. Ok, but seriously, don't do that. :)
Post a Comment