Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Chicken and Pasta Salad Recipe

Hey everyone, here's the recipe Stephanie was talking about on her blog. It's one of Neil's favorites so we make it pretty often. It's a really hearty salad so we have it for our whole meal plus I usually add some kind of bread, sometimes a homemade loaf or a French bagette.

Chicken and Pasta Salad
1 bag spinach or romaine lettuce(I use romaine)
8 oz. bowtie pasta, cooked and drained
1 cucumber, peeled and diced
1 red pepper, diced
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
1 can Mandarin oranges, drained
1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
1/2 cup toasted almonds

Dressing:
1 cup vegetable or canola oil
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup white vinegar
1/4 small onion or 2-3 shakes of dried, minced onion (I do the dried)
1 t salt
3/4 t ground mustard
1/2 t celery seed
combine ingredients and shake welll

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I love this salad. Ahhh, fun & sweet memories of OOG!

Stephanie said...

Thanks for posting this Amy, it is YUMMY!